Why Invest in Edinburgh?
At The Major Domo we endorse Edinburgh as both a world leading tourist destination and a great place for property investment.
Here are some reasons why we recommend investing in holiday property in Scotland’s Capital City;
Edinburgh’s Robust Property Market
- There is a limited supply of property in Edinburgh’s; New Town, West End and Old Town due to lack of available land and UNESCO’s World Heritage Site status.
- In 2017 Edinburgh City Centre residential apartment prices grew by 8.2%, the fastest in the UK.
- In the 2008 and 2009 real estate crash, Edinburgh was the UK’s most resilient market.
Edinburgh’s Booming Tourism Market
- Edinburgh attracts over 4 million visitors per annum.
- 67% of the overseas visitors visit Edinburgh for holiday purposes.
- People stay longer in Edinburgh – with an average stay of 3.6 days.
- Top visitor attractions include; National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh Castle, Scottish National Galleries, St Giles Cathedral and Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Edinburgh has 36 awarded Michelin awarded restaurants, the highest in the UK outside London.